Sunday, September 4, 2016

School Year Eve

Whew, what a week! Lots of stuff happened, including

~Adam taking Oscar to his first theme park. Oscar LOVED the big roller coasters-- I think they rode all the ones that Oscar was tall enough for four times each.

~Oscar's first loose tooth.

~The kindling of Allen's passion for Legos. Adam made a Lego table as a birthday gift for Oscar, and Allen has really taken a shine to making little things on it! Our normally short-attention-span boy is spending hours at the table.

~Allen winning a tablet computer at a community event, which is very ironic, considering that we don't let the kids play on electronic devices. So I have kind of appropriated it for school-related planning.

~Cici's first experience with watercolor painting! She even tries to say it- "pay-pay," which is so incredibly cute!

~Fair board meeting! I'm superintending the Needlework department this year, which I am super stoked about. Alas, I have about a dozen projects that are not going to be finished in time to enter at the fair, so I'm just plugging away at what I can finish in these next couple weeks.

~Getting ready to start school on Monday. It's Labor Day, but Adam's working and we were going to be doing business as usual anyways, and it needs to be done. I could seriously spend months researching elementary Montessori and trying to gather materials, but I can't let perfect get in the way of done, so I'm just going to jump in with the first Great Lesson tomorrow and see where everything lands. Tomorrow will also mark the start of piano lessons for Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment