Sunday, July 31, 2016

Guess Who's Thirty!

If you guessed me, then you are correct. Happy birthday to me! Since I've been doing birthday bios for everyone so far this year, I thought I'd do one for myself.

Height: Still 5'9", last I checked.
Weight: 157. I am a normal BMI for the first birthday ever, BOOYAH!
Favorite activities: reading (I've read twenty-one books so far this year!), knitting, just making stuff in general when I can. I'm starting to get to the point where I really enjoy running (after a long year of just tolerating it, so that's cool). I'm also deriving a lot of joy from learning how to do repairs around the house. A couple years ago, I took the Myers-Briggs personality test, and while I take the entire thing with a huge grain of salt, I definitely identify as an ISTP through and through, and feel that the "Maker" aspect of my personality increasingly manifests itself the older I get.
Least favorite stuff: being interrupted every five minutes of every day,
Favorite foods: Coffee, rice cakes (I probably have 2-3 a day! So good!), anything grilled.
Thankful for: not having to travel on my birthday! For whatever reason, we seem to usually be on an airplane on July 30.
Plans for my 30th year:  Get to my goal weight of 150, visit Seattle, work my way through a Martha Stewart cookbook of meals. Not very exciting, but I've come to realize that I am just not a "big goal" person and prefer to focus on shorter-term goals. Adam, on the other hand, is an excellent big-picture thinker, so I leave that to his expertise.


This was really a perfectly paced birthday. On Friday evening, we had my parents and my cousin's family over. It's tradition for us to eat at Famous Dave's on my birthday, but since the nearest franchise is hundreds of miles away, I thought it would be fun to have our own homemade spin. That included BBQ cheddar burgers with those little crunchy onion things on top, corn on the cob, and cornbread from a real Famous Dave's mix that Adam found at the grocery store, among other things. Cheesecake for dessert crowned the meal!

Yesterday, my actual birthday, I got up around six and went for a run to test out the fancy new running shoes that Adam bought me as a gift. The run was immediately followed by cheesecake for breakfast. :-D The rest of the day was low-key- just the way I like it!- with Adam taking the kids out for the afternoon so I could have a long, uninterrupted nap. That just may have been my favorite part of the birthday!

I have heard from several people over the years that thirty is kind of when you start really getting your act together, and I definitely feel like this past year has been true in that regard. So let's hope that this birthday starts a decade of getting even better at life!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! When you make it to Seattle, I'd love to get lunch! Hit me up! CaitlynMcKinney@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that! I want to go this fall sometime, so hopefully we can make it happen!

      Delete