Wednesday, June 8, 2016

We're Studying South America!

As we wrap up Oscar's Primary schooling, I'm trying to squeeze in any subject content that we might have missed along the way. One area that we really haven't spent a whole lot of time on is geography, so this summer, we're going to study the continents, one by one. Oscar's pretty solid in his U.S. geography, by nature of having relatives all over the country and having lived on both coasts; and the past couple months, we did some studying of Canada and Mexico here and there. Now we are setting our sights southward for this first half of June!





There really isn't any particular reason why we're starting off with South America, other than I'm really daunted by overviewing the vast assortment of culture and history in continents like Asia and Europe, so I wanted to start somewhere a little less complicated. I'm probably violating some sort of well-thought-out, established order for introducing the continents, but oh well! I have a bunch of activities and ideas for studying South America, and I can't wait to share them when we wrap up next week. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment